Mercury retrograde does not have to be the doom and gloom that so many make it out to be. It really is a great opportunity, here are some suggestions to help you through…
1. Slow down! in everything you are doing slow down and be more present. Take the time to enjoy what you are doing in a moment instead of rushing to the next thing on your “to do” list.
2. Stop! before you speak to anyone think. Often during a mercury retrograde those thoughts that were just in your head often jump out of our mouths without any warning. It can lead to many awkward and difficult situations. Before you pipe in with an opinion or give someone advice take a moment to let your filter kick in and ask is it true? Is it kind? Is it necessary?
3. Unplug! we all have emails to return etc but when you’re not actively working on a computer turn it off, instead of watching TV read a book. If you’re not on it you won’t notice how wacky it all gets during a retrograde and if you’re not fighting with it then you are less stressed.
4. Tune In! Mercury is the planet that rules communication of all forms, during a retrograde period all that energy is directed inward. This is a great time when we can really tune into our internal dialogue. What is the loop you play to yourself? You may find that it is not very kind or loving, it may be that you are going over all of the worst parts of yourself. Mercury is in the sign of Scorpio and Scorpio energy is intense and deep. No light fluffy “nice weather we’re having” kind of talk, more along the lines of “tell me your deepest darkest secret, the one you thought you were taking to your grave”. This Scorpio energy is giving us the opportunity to bring all the darkness to the light to look at and deal with. If you don’t like it change it and if you can’t change it change your perception of it, look for the silver lining. This Mercury retrograde is an opportunity for great insights and tremendous growth.
5. Write it down! With all this energy that is moving internally you may notice that your dreams have also kicked it up a notch. If you are not present and listening to your waking mind your dream state will be busier as your high self tries to get the message through to you. Write down your dreams and find some time to analyse them, I recommend Understand your Dreams by Alice Ann Parker.
6. Ask for Help! you have Angels, Guides, Faeries and all kinds of light beings that want to help you out so don’t forget to put the call out to your Spiritual team of helpers. Specifically the Archangel Gabriel who brings us messages. Look for those messages coming through the synchronicity in your life, there is no such thing as coincidence.
7. Acquire Tools! Crystals associated with the throat, third eye and crown chakra are wonderful. Angelite, Blue lace agate, Lapis Lazuli, Blue Kyanite, Amethyst, Fluorite and Clear Quartz are awesome for helping with your mind and thought. Crystals like Amazonite, Shungite, Onyx and Black Tourmaline are good to have near electronics you are using.
8. Take deep breaths! essential oils like Peppermint, Clary Sage and Rosemary will also assist in clear thinking. Diffuse these in your space or dilute them with a carrier oil and wear as a scent (certified aromatherapists are experts at creating a blend- Gwyn is at The Apothecary in Inglewood here in Calgary he is awesome!) Peppermint in a carrier oil along the hair line at the base of the skull is fantastic for the mind and helping with headaches.
9. Talk to Yourself! Affirmations are a wonderful way to influence your thoughts and create positive energy. You may use this one “I allow the Scorpio and Mercury energies to flow through my life at this time with Ease and Grace so that I may gain whatever knowledge and growth is Divinely intended for my Highest Good” Make up one up to suit your own needs and energy.
10. Meditate! carve out some time for meditation. Create a relaxing space where you can quietly be. It doesn’t have to be long if all you have is 3 min then take it! Use the Buddhi Mudra (the tip of the pinky finger touches the tip of the thumb) this Mudra is assists with clear thinking and enhancing our intuition perfect to connect to the mercury energies and be more in harmony with them. Do this Mudra with both hands, close your eyes and take several nice deep breaths.
Cheers and Blessings,
**The picture at the top of this post is two cards from the deck Astrology Reading Cards**